Education Theme: aligning read more button

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Education Theme: aligning read more button

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Turnlane 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Turnlane
    Participant

We are designing http://www.kindreddfw.com and are using the Education theme.  In the home featured section, we are using Featured Page widgets.  This includes pulling in some content from the pages and then a “Read More” button.  The buttons are not complete horizontally aligned.  Any suggestions on how to align the “Read More” buttons?

Thanks for any help,

Julie

cdils
    Participant

Hi Julie,

You could get hacky and try to align those via CSS, but that could mess things up on your mobile display. I’d recommend tailoring your intro text to be the same length for each element and inserting the <!–more–> tag. Then you can use display full content in those widgets (I *think*) and it’ll only bring back whatever content is above the <!–more–> tag.

So your about us page might look like this:

————-

Welcome to Kindred Homes & Construction (KHC) website! We build custom homes, remodels and additions, as well as new commercial construction.

<!–more–>

the rest of your page…

————–

Then, in your featured page widget, set it to return “Content” instead of “Content Excerpt”. If each page has about the same number of characters before the <!–more–> page, it’ll even out. :)

Maybe not the best approach, but it’s what I’d try!

Also, you could decrease your font size on those page titles (#home-featured .featured h2 a) so they all fit on one line OR change About Us and Custom Homes to be slightly longer so they bump to two lines for uniformity.

Cheers,

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

Turnlane
    Participant

Carrie,

Thank you so much for your response.  I appreciate it!

Julie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.