Education Theme Menu CSS Issue

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Education Theme Menu CSS Issue

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  John 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

therealestatewebguy
    Participant

The site I am working is using ihomefinders IDX plugin and the menus have the tabs on top which is fine but all of the menus that have sub menus are colored tabs and I only want the active tab to be that one color. Now if I navigate to another page then the menus work fine. It seems that only when I click on the Home tab does this CSS issue appear.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

http://chicago1realestate.com

http://chicago1realestate.com

Derek
    Participant

I think it’s because the CSS sets the menu items to be blue for the “current-page”, and right now your Property Search, Communities and Buyers & Sellers pages all actually link to the homepage (therefore the CSS thinks those are the “current-page” when you’re on the homepage).

You can either set those menu items to link to something else (if you want them to link to nothing, try javascript:void(0); as the URL), or modify the CSS for the following class:

#header .menu li a:active, 
    #header .menu .current_page_item a, 
    #header .menu .current-cat a, 
    #header .menu .current-menu-item a, 
    #header .menu .current_page_item a:hover, 
    #header .menu .current-cat a:hover, 
    #header .menu .current-menu-item a:hover {
        background: url("images/menu-active.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent;
        border-bottom: 3px solid #386A8D;
        border-top-left-radius: 5px;
        border-top-right-radius: 5px;
        color: #FFFFFF !important;
        text-shadow: -1px -1px #2D5876;
    }

Derek Rippe – CSS Artist & Genesis Fanboy @ SynaVista and MediaCairn Design Studio
    Figure out your CSS problems with Firebug | Check out my Custom Comment Form Title plugin

John
    Participant

therealestatewebguy,

This should help with your menu CSS issues: CSS fix for Education theme dropdown menu issue (here’s how)

John

John Sundberg | blackhillswebworks.com
    A WordPress developer’s toolbox: Firebug | WordPress Codex | Google ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.