Education Theme Questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Education Theme Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  erikvlie 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

btvbill@yahoo.com
    Participant

With the Education theme, can I control which Post categories are displayed on the home page?

Also, in the header, how can I display an image across the entire top so that the navigation menu displays on top with an image as the background. If I set an image at 1140 pixel width now, it gets cut off at around 323 pixels and only shows white space to the right. Thanks.

jordydme
    Participant

If you are referring to the the widgeted area down below and NOT the slider. You add “featured page” or “featured post” widgets to the “featured” widget area.

If you’re referring to the slider then you have to upload the genesis responsive slider plugin and mess with the settings, create a slider category and upload a featured image to the posts or pages you want to appear in the slider.

btvbill@yahoo.com
    Participant

I tried that. I’m talking about the posts that are displayed below the widgeted area, as indicated below.

1. Slider
    2. Widgeted Area
    3. Posts area
    4. Footer area

jordydme
    Participant

I’m on my iPhone right now. So I can’t give you the est direction. But if memory serves me, it’s got to do with the category you select when editing the post. I believe its a category called “home?”

Susan

With the Education theme, can I control which Post categories are displayed on the home page?

If you selected “Genesis – Featured Posts” to go into that area, then you can control which categories display. Open up the Featured Posts widget, and select which categories to display from the drop-down.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

jordydme
    Participant

I’m not sure if Susan is referring to what you’re asking. If I understand correctly… in the admin panel, go to > Genesis > Theme Settings

At the bottom of that page there is a section titled “Blog Page.”  there you can select what category you want to display on the home page (blog page).

See screenshot here

Susan

@Jordydme – thanks for that correction – I was looking at the four widgeted areas above the “call to action”.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

erikvlie
    Participant

@jordydme – I thought that was the solution, yes, but no it isn’t. I want to have all categories except one, and when I fill in the category-ID in the Exclude field, that category keeps being listed anyway.

I think I may have to add a line or two to the functions.php file, but I am very bad at PHP and these actions and filters, and don’t know where to start…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.