Eductaion Theme: How to make header (widget) text responsive?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Eductaion Theme: How to make header (widget) text responsive?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sumu 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am fiddling around with the css of the Eductaion theme, but I am not getting this one right:

I would like to be able to have the “Have Questions? Call Us Today!” text widget in different sizes, according to the screen used.

Now, looking into the style sheet, I see the “@media only screen” sections in the responsive sections of the style-sheet and would assume that I can enter a different size for each of the max width values.

More precise: if my text widget is #text-4, I would add to the

@media only screen and (max-width: 1200px) section

#text-4 {
    font-size:  28px ;

and to the

@media only screen and (max-width: 800px) section

#text-4 {
    font-size:  22px ;

But nope, no movement here.

Where is my mistake?

That should work. Can you please share a link to your website?
    Or you might like to try using any of these :

`#header .textwidget {font-size:22px;}`
    `#text-4 .textwidget {font-size:22px;} `
    `#text-4 p {font-size:22px;}`
    If nothing works, try adding “!important”
    `#text-4 {font-size:22px !important;} `

Thanks for posting Psahalot,

that kind of seems to work.

Testing with the responsive theme tester at I think I just discovered a bug in the Education theme:

The text widget shows in the 768 width, and the 320 width, but not in the 480 width!

Any clue why?

Guess I’ll tell them…

By the way this has been confirmed a bug in the education theme, but I haven’t heard from StudioPress regarding this for a few weeks.

Also using the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified in the Featured section of the home page makes the Read More functions of the front page posts disappear.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.