Eleven40 Blogpage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Eleven40 Blogpage

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lizje 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lizje
    Participant

Can anyone help with the following problem: I’ve added several blog pages as a category to the menu. I want to use one as a static page on the home page.

I managed to do this, but it doesn’t work properly; when I browse the menu the same page shows up all the time.

My question is how can I make a static blog page in template Eleven40  and show archieved items on the next pages?

anitac
    Participant

Please provide a link to your site so we can take a look at your code. Thank you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

lizje
    Participant

It’s an adult site. Can I post it here?

essaysnark
    Participant

yetjuh, it sounds like what you want can be done with the standard WordPress settings. Did you do it this way? Go to Settings->Reading and for “Front page displays” choose “A static page”. This won’t work if you created your main homepage content as a WP Post; you need to copy that into a new Page instead. The codex has some help on this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

If you’re saying that that’s what you did and it’s not working, then sure, tell us the URL – maybe just put a clear note in your post that it’s an adult site so people can choose not to go there if they don’t want to.

anitac
    Participant

@yetjuh, you can post the link but click the box to Set as Private Message.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

lizje
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.