Eleven40 Blogpage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Eleven40 Blogpage

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lizje 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lizje
    Participant

Can anyone help with the following problem: I’ve added several blog pages as a category to the menu. I want to use one as a static page on the home page.

I managed to do this, but it doesn’t work properly; when I browse the menu the same page shows up all the time.

My question is how can I make a static blog page in template Eleven40  and show archieved items on the next pages?

Anita
    Participant

Please provide a link to your site so we can take a look at your code. Thank you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

lizje
    Participant

It’s an adult site. Can I post it here?

essaysnark
    Participant

yetjuh, it sounds like what you want can be done with the standard WordPress settings. Did you do it this way? Go to Settings->Reading and for “Front page displays” choose “A static page”. This won’t work if you created your main homepage content as a WP Post; you need to copy that into a new Page instead. The codex has some help on this: http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

If you’re saying that that’s what you did and it’s not working, then sure, tell us the URL – maybe just put a clear note in your post that it’s an adult site so people can choose not to go there if they don’t want to.

Anita
    Participant

@yetjuh, you can post the link but click the box to Set as Private Message.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

lizje
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.