Eleven40- Header image resizing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Eleven40- Header image resizing

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  faisal 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

faisal
    Participant

Hi ,

1. I would like to know how do I move my image in the header down to create some white space.

2. The image does not resize when the browser zooms in or zooms out. How do I fix this issue.

Regards,

Faisal

http://www.telecomlighthouse.com

Stewart
    Participant

Hi,

1. Open your style.css file in your child theme folder and look for the following on line 1895:
    [css]
    #header {
    max-width: 1360px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 85%;
    height: 353px;
    background: url(http://www.telecomlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Lighthouse-1360×353.jpg) no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    [/css]
    and either change the margin value or add some padding.

2. You can try using this plugin to make your header responsive – Genesis Responsive Header

Hope this Helps
    Stewart

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

faisal
    Participant

Thanks Stewart,

I was not able to make the “Genesis Responsive Header” work. May be its the beta version, thats why. I installed simpled Header instead. I am ok with this new plug in, although it is still not responsive.

I am still struggling with white space above my header. Any suggestion ?

Regards,

Faisal

Geoffrey
    Participant

For #header, change margin:0 auto; to margin: Xpx auto 0;.

Edit X to however many pixels of white space you want at the top. The 0 is added so the bottom margin stays the same. If you want more space below the header, you can edit it as well.

All the best.

faisal
    Participant

thanks Geoffrey,

I did not find the margin to modify. However I added, “margin: 20px auto 0″ under header .wrap and it created white space.

One issue related when I try to minimize my window horizentally, this white space becomes larger and it looks awkward. Is there a way to keep the white space at 20px even when I make the window smaller ?

thanks,

Faisal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.