eNews Extended Help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks eNews Extended Help

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amandac
    Participant

Hi!

My site is: http://www.amandachristian.com

I have the eNews Extended sign up form at the bottom of my posts, but I was wondering how I can make the name, email and submit button all on one line and make the box a little smaller. It’s way to large right now. Is this in the style.css sheet. If so, where and what should I change?

I am still new to this stuff!

Thanks,

Amanda

Robin
    Participant

Try changing line 1784 from:
    #newsletter input {
    width: 50%;
    }

to:
    #newsletter input, .enews #subbox {
    width: 49%;
    }

and then I would go back to the block at line 1217 and put the width to 100% (it’s affecting your search box in the sidebar, and adding the .enews #subbox to 1784 should take care of both boxes). You can tweak the size of the boxes if you change the font and padding in the block of 1217, I think.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

amandac
    Participant

Hey Robin. Thanks for replying. I made the changes you suggested but it doesn’t look much different. I can’t seem to figure out how to make the input box widths smaller and the width of the “give me truth” button smaller.

Any advice on this?

Thanks,

Amanda

Robin
    Participant

If you want them all three on the same line instead of just the inputs, you can change that 49% to 32% (in line 1784) and it does look like they all fit. (It may be goofy on mobile screens, though, so you might want to adjust them to 100% in the responsive section)

If you want them to spread out a bit, add some margin (eg. margin: 0 5px;) in the same area–all line 1784.

This is affecting all three of those equally, so they are all the same size. You’ll have to separate out the styling if you want the button to be smaller, for instance.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.