Executive Theme Home Page – Is it a Page? A Post?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Executive Theme Home Page – Is it a Page? A Post?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Doak Heggeness 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joe Cotellese
    Participant

Hi,

I have the Executive Theme setup and working. The Home Page contains the slider, and all of the available widgets that I want.

To WordPress, what is the homepage? Is it a Post or a Page? The reason I ask is because I’m trying to properly configure Yoast SEO and something strange is happening. When I look at the Meta tag data on the home page it’s for a blog post. I’m guessing that this has something to do with the fact the my General->Reading settings says that the front page should be the “Latest Posts.”

WHen I change that to be a static page, that static page displays, not my homepage.

I’m not sure how to better explain myself.

http://www.cynthiabashore.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    You’ve explained it very well. To my knowledge, all the newest Studiopress themes use a big honking Homepage with special home widgets. So for that you do need to set front page to “Latest Posts”.

I don’t have Yoast, though, so I can’t advise on that, other than to say there must be a setting in there that allows you to specify what goes on the Homepage no matter what type it is. Almost any SEO setup has allowances for that – it’s like a Home override.

I don’t bother with Yoast SEO, because I just use the excellent Genesis SEO fields. I can tell you that at least Genesis SEO settings do allow you to do what I’m describing above, so you can use that if you get stuck.

Maybe someone else can chime in about Yoast settings.

Good luck, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

The StudioPress themes come with a ‘home’ page that is widgetized. If you use the design of the theme’s front page ( use the widgets ), that is your ‘home’ page. If you do not use the theme’s front page design, then the ‘blog’ page by default is your home page. WordPress by default sets the ‘front page’ as the ‘latest posts’.

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.