Executive Theme: Homepage in two languages (how?)

Community Forums Forums Internationalization and Translations Executive Theme: Homepage in two languages (how?)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MortenK 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

TCD

This site is in Dutch. My client now wants the site in English too. For a different website I used the plugin ‘Polylang’ and I want to use this plugin again. I know how to make duplicate pages and widgets (for the second language)
    My question: how do I duplicate the homepage?

http://www.wesig.nl

MortenK

Polylang is for content translation.
    In order to control which content language a widget will display you can use the Widget Logic plugin.

If you want the framework/child theme to display both languages you need something like the Codestyling Localization plugin and the Codestyling Localization Preserver plugin. You can import the Genesis .po files into Codestyling Localization.

TCD

Thanks for your reply.
    My goal is to translate the content and I want to use Polylang to do this. With Polylang you can make new pages and fill them with English content. After that you connect the dutch pages to the english pages using the page-id’s.
    So far so good.
    However…in the executive pro child theme a front-page is used. This frontpage display a slideshow and blog-widgets. There is no page-id. How can I make an English version of the frontpage?

MortenK

Hey TCD,
    when your content is translated you should be able to use the Widget Logic plugin.
    Then you add a Featured Post (or page) widget for each language.
    I it doesn’t work you should take a look at the WPML plugin.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.