FAQ plugin that offers seo

Community Forums Forums General Discussion FAQ plugin that offers seo

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Neu 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lorabrawley
    Participant

I want to put a lot of information about my industry on my site and was thinking using an FAQ plugin would be the easiest way.  However I want the info to help with my SEO.  Is there a FAQ plugin that helps with keyword searches or is there a better way of doing it?  I like the idea of being able to easily reorder the FAQs as I add more info.  TIA.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

What are you looking for in a FAQ plugin? A FAQ isn’t really super useful if it includes pages and pages of “questions.” If you have a lot of information then posts that have been properly categorized and tagged will be much more useful.

lorabrawley
    Participant

I like the idea of a FAQ section becuase many of the answers are short, as in 3 or 4 sentences, and that seems really short for a post.  I like the idea of a visitor being able to click on the question and the answers being on the same page.  I just don’t want to do a ton of anchor links.

Robert Neu
    Participant

If you’re using a Genesis theme you can follow Brian’s guide for creating a Genesis-friendly custom post type. Just replace the references to “code” with references to “faq”. Everything should still basically function the same way.

http://www.briangardner.com/custom-post-types/

Personally I would put something like this into a simple plugin so you can continue to use it if you change themes, but you can drop it right into functions.php the way Brian has if you prefer.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.