Featured pages problem + problem with 3 columns

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Featured pages problem + problem with 3 columns

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

omg123
    Participant

I have a problem with the featured pages :-

i need to have 2 widgets for pages – 1 for pages – and one for “featured pages” – with the featured image showing
    according to the admin within genesis i should be able to do this – as the set up details etc allow me to have a widget for the pages and a widget for the featured pages (seperately)

(if i havent explained this properly – they are 2 completely different types of pages – both different categories , but it would be advantageous to have the picture on the featured pages)

THE PROBLEMS ARE :-
    1. when i make a new page – or try to edit a current page – it will not allow me to select it to be in the “featured pages” widget.

2. the “featured pages” widget only allows me to select one page at a time to put in the “featured pages” widget,
    under “Page:” it allows you to select one page to show an excerpt of – when i want to show all of the “featured pages”

3. Also the link text (the page title) is black – not the same color as the rest of the link text – so people wont think its a link – and will not click it. (this is the link text of the “featured page”)

ALSO :-
    im using genesis with the genesis sample theme

im also using a 3 column layout
    content – sidebar-sidebar

The problem is :-
    the content does not all show – some is missing on the right hand side , and has disappeared under the left hand column.
    how do i rectify this ? – because it cant be normal to overlap and cover up the text on the page ?

many thanks

anitac
    Participant

Please share you website URL so we can take a look.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

omg123
    Participant

Thank you anitac for your response,
    ok, here it is

http://www.penisenlargementwebsite.com

(its 99% text – so nothing to worry about)

in the left hand sidebar column :-
    “Penis Enlargement Guides” is the “pages”
    and “Penis Enlargement Articles” is the featured pages ( the reason the picture is’nt showing on that one is because i did’nt select a featured image – so that is not the problem)

“Is penis enlargement possible?”

http://www.penisenlargementwebsite.com/is-penis-enlargement-possible/

is the featured page – and the text on the right of this page is cut off – when it had 2 columns it didnt cut off any text – but i need 3 columns to be able to put everything else in the 2 side columns.

Also you can see the “Is penis enlargement possible?” text is black – when it should be orange – so people wont know its a clickable link.

in the widgets admin
    when looking at the “Primary Sidebar”
    under “genesis featured page”
    it has “Page:” – but you can only select one page to put in there (?)
    but it is supposed to be “featured pages” (plural)

so i cant see how this is supposed to work when you can only put one page in the “featured pages”

many thanks

omg123
    Participant

ps
    i havent done any additional coding or alterations to the site that would affect anything above

thanks

anitac
    Participant

Unfortunately, because of the content on your site – I am unable to click that link. We’ll have to wait for someone else to respond.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

omg123
    Participant

is there any news on this ?

thanks

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Answered in help desk, where it should have been submitted.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.