Featured pages problem + problem with 3 columns

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Featured pages problem + problem with 3 columns

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

omg123
    Participant

I have a problem with the featured pages :-

i need to have 2 widgets for pages – 1 for pages – and one for “featured pages” – with the featured image showing
    according to the admin within genesis i should be able to do this – as the set up details etc allow me to have a widget for the pages and a widget for the featured pages (seperately)

(if i havent explained this properly – they are 2 completely different types of pages – both different categories , but it would be advantageous to have the picture on the featured pages)

THE PROBLEMS ARE :-
    1. when i make a new page – or try to edit a current page – it will not allow me to select it to be in the “featured pages” widget.

2. the “featured pages” widget only allows me to select one page at a time to put in the “featured pages” widget,
    under “Page:” it allows you to select one page to show an excerpt of – when i want to show all of the “featured pages”

3. Also the link text (the page title) is black – not the same color as the rest of the link text – so people wont think its a link – and will not click it. (this is the link text of the “featured page”)

ALSO :-
    im using genesis with the genesis sample theme

im also using a 3 column layout
    content – sidebar-sidebar

The problem is :-
    the content does not all show – some is missing on the right hand side , and has disappeared under the left hand column.
    how do i rectify this ? – because it cant be normal to overlap and cover up the text on the page ?

many thanks

Anita
    Participant

Please share you website URL so we can take a look.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

omg123
    Participant

Thank you anitac for your response,
    ok, here it is

http://www.penisenlargementwebsite.com

(its 99% text – so nothing to worry about)

in the left hand sidebar column :-
    “Penis Enlargement Guides” is the “pages”
    and “Penis Enlargement Articles” is the featured pages ( the reason the picture is’nt showing on that one is because i did’nt select a featured image – so that is not the problem)

“Is penis enlargement possible?”

http://www.penisenlargementwebsite.com/is-penis-enlargement-possible/

is the featured page – and the text on the right of this page is cut off – when it had 2 columns it didnt cut off any text – but i need 3 columns to be able to put everything else in the 2 side columns.

Also you can see the “Is penis enlargement possible?” text is black – when it should be orange – so people wont know its a clickable link.

in the widgets admin
    when looking at the “Primary Sidebar”
    under “genesis featured page”
    it has “Page:” – but you can only select one page to put in there (?)
    but it is supposed to be “featured pages” (plural)

so i cant see how this is supposed to work when you can only put one page in the “featured pages”

many thanks

omg123
    Participant

ps
    i havent done any additional coding or alterations to the site that would affect anything above

thanks

Anita
    Participant

Unfortunately, because of the content on your site – I am unable to click that link. We’ll have to wait for someone else to respond.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

omg123
    Participant

is there any news on this ?

thanks

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Answered in help desk, where it should have been submitted.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.