Featured post, then excerpts in Metro theme categories

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured post, then excerpts in Metro theme categories

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angela 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

We are redesigning our website using the Metro theme. One big change is moving away from the typical category page post list to more of a landing page that has a featured post at the top – large photo, headline and excerpt – followed by a grid of other posts in that category.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I’ve done some reading – and experimented with – the Genesis Grid plugin, as well as a few others. The Genesis Grid plugin worked great… on one category, but it never worked in any of my other categories.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide!

Angela – I write fiction, review books and get walked daily by a big dog.

theapptimes
    Participant

The best way is to create a custom page template to reflect your style. Header banner image, features posts, service widget sections and so on. You should be able to very easily accomplish this with a page template design.

Angela
    Participant

I ended up using the Genesis Grid plugin and it seems to do what we want. I’ve experimented with categories on pages and will use that as a backup.

Thanks!

Angela – I write fiction, review books and get walked daily by a big dog.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Featured post, then excerpts in Metro theme categories’ is closed to new replies.