Featured Post Widget, Genesis 2.0

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Featured Post Widget, Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ramseyp 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ramseyp
    Participant

Hi all,

Has anyone seen a problem with the Featured Posts Widget in Genesis 2? The linked post title is not linked to the actual post. Instead, it links to the homepage. I thought it might be my custom child theme, so I switched to Genesis 2.0 as the site theme. I tried Nick’s Featured Widget Amplified, but that also had the post title link problem. (this is a dev site running locally, or I’d have a link to it)

Interestingly enough, on this site: http://reli.slash25dev.com/ I havent’ updated Genesis yet & I’m running 2.0rc2. Here, the Featured Post widget in the sidebar is working. The post title link is linked to the single Post.

Thoughts? I haven’t torn into the widget code, but that’s next, I guess. Was hoping to see if anyone could duplicate the situation.

Cheers!

Pat

anitac
    Participant

Would any of this help you Pat – http://www.diffchecker.com/k1j3cwz7.

I’ve been watching the forum since the 2.0 release and haven’t seen this particular issue, but this one had widgets that were missing all together – http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/upgrade-to-genesis-2-0-and-now-some-widgets-are-missing/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

And_or
    Participant

Nick’s featured Amplified works fine here (3.6 & 2.0 still on xhtml) On a few widgets it had lost the configuration as to from which cat it should display the posts… after re pointing that to the right cats it works normal.

You did activate the option “link title to post” I hope ? (since it may not be default)

Good Luck…

Simplicity is not Simple Webtaurus

ramseyp
    Participant

Thanks for the tips. I should have mentioned that my custom child theme is setup to use HTML5, not XHTML. I’ve already updated my code with the recent changes to action priorities. I also have “Show Post Title” selected in the widget options.

Another clue, hopefully: The Featured Posts Widget will link the title to the right URL if I have “All Categories” selected in the widget options. Once I switch that to a category, the title link points to the homepage.

I think, for this project, I’m going to replace the three widget areas on the homepage with custom fields. I know this will come up again, though, for another project. Frustrating…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.