Featured Post Widget setting in Prose theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured Post Widget setting in Prose theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wendycholbi 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

L00koutM0re
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to alter the font size and Font of the Post Title in featured Post Widget in my Prose Theme. I don’t want to change other widget font size.  What code in custom.css i should use for this matter?

Is it also possible that i could display Posts from Certain tags instead of category which is the existing case.

Pixel Frau
    Participant

Please post a link to your site so we can find the relevant CSS for you.

You also might want to watch this video about how to use Firebug to help you find the right CSS.

L00koutM0re
    Participant

Thank you for the reply. The website URL is  www.outlookpakistan.com. Please look into it.

wendycholbi
    Participant

I see two Featured Posts widgets in a row (“Sports News” and “Entertainment”). The post titles (to the left of the thumbnail images) for each post are h2′s that are showing up as 16px Palatino. If you want to change all of these, in both widgets, copy this CSS into Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom CSS, inserting your font-family and font-size of choice:

.featuredpost h2 {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-family: 'Palatino Linotype','Book Antiqua',Palatino,serif;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

You can also change “normal” to “italic” if you want the post titles italicized, and change the font weight to “normal” if you don’t want them bold. You can remove the font-style and font-weight lines entirely if you aren’t changing these values.

If you want to change the post titles on one or the other of those widgets, but not both, you’ll need to specify the individual widget classes. “Sports News” is featured-post-2 and “Entertainment” is featured-post-4, so instead of “.featuredpost h2″ in the above CSS, you’d use something like “#featured-post-2 h2″ in the first line of the CSS.

I agree that using Firebug is a great way to see what CSS is being used on your site (and test changes). I came up with all of the above code suggestions via Firebug.

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.