First time, on WordPress, on Genesis.

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback First time, on WordPress, on Genesis.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Rajtilak
    Participant

This is the first time I have tried my hands on WordPress and Genesis. Would request you to provide a feedback on how it went.

http://techni-color.net

AC
    Blocked

Looks good. You did a great job. I like the font you used in your header.

Rajtilak
    Participant

Thanks Anita! Any suggestions?

AC
    Blocked

Google only allows three ads per page. You have five on the home page alone. You should remove two of them. On the inside pages you have four, so you need to remove one. Google may deactivate your account for violating policy.

Unless you like “blue” I would color your Google ads to a color that you are using in the theme so they aren’t so noticeable.

Rajtilak
    Participant

That’s a bit strange coming from a mod! Google does allow 3 ads per page, but those are content ads. In addition to 3 content ads, it also allows 3 links units and 2 search boxes. Here goes:

“Google link unit limit per page
    You may place up to three link units on a page, in addition to the three standard ad units, and two search boxes.” – Source

AC
    Blocked

You wrote above, “any suggestions” so I thought that meant suggestions. I’ve read the guidelines and have had clients who were deactivated for violations. I was merely pointing that out from all the ad sizes you had that were not “link” based. But you wrote “any suggestions” and I gave my suggestions. You don’t have to take them.

Rajtilak
    Participant

Please don’t misunderstand me. Your suggestion was most welcome! really appreciate it. You think I should remove 2 ad units. Which ones do you think I should remove?

Rajtilak
    Participant

And one strange thing I noticed, initially I tried to blend my ads but it didn’t work. Now that I have set the blue color in them, they seem to generate more revenue!

AC
    Blocked

Watch that because if they are generating an overwhelming amount of clicks, you can get deactivated for that too! Just be careful!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.