Font color problems with OptimizePress 2.0 and Magazine Pro

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Font color problems with OptimizePress 2.0 and Magazine Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Neil Roach

Greetings,
    I’ve installed the latest versions of Genesis, Magazine Pro and OptimizePress 2.0, but there’s a problem.

All Magazine Pro headings (H1/H2/H3/H4) are black by default, which is what I need them to be.

When I install OP 2.0 this changes the headings in Magazine Pro to be blue, which is NOT what I want!

The workaround provided by OP is to add the following code to the style.css file:
    .entry-title {color:#000000!important;}
    h2 {color:#000000!important;}
    h3 {color:#000000!important;}

Which works fine and sets all Magazine Pro heading back to black, however…

I’m using H4 in pages and posts too and these still blue, but adding the following line doesn’t help:
    h4 {color:#000000!important;}

Why? Because when I add this code the sidebar widget H4 headings change to black also and in Magazine Pro the background for the widget headings are black – so I end up with black on black!

The suggested workaround is performing a second WordPress installation on my shared hosting plan and use this for OP landing pages, members area, etc. This, obviously isn’t ideal!

Any thoughts on how to resolve this without having to perform a second WP install?

Any information would be most welcome.

Many thanks,
    Neil

http://www.smartbusinessjourney.com

braddalton
    Participant

Have you tried Rainmaker?

Summer
    Participant

Neil, sounds like you need to make that h4 be only for the content h4 and not all h4

You’d have to look at what classes OP is adding to your landing page content, then add that class in front of your new definition of h4, maybe something like:

.content h4 {color:#000000 !important;}

or .entry-content, or whatever that class might be. That way is should leave your sidebar widget h4′s alone, but you might have to play around with it to get it right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.