Footer addition

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Footer addition

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Margery 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Margery
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there a way to link (include) a page to the footer (not the one easily accessible via wordpress, but the one where the Genesis Framework wording is listed on the VERY bottom of the site)? And for that matter, do all sites need to include the info listed there?

I’m using the Streamline theme.

http://www.evatopia.org

braddalton
    Participant

Try the Genesis Simple Edits plugin

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Margery
    Participant

Thanks, Brad. I’m a newbie. What do I do once it’s installed? I need to link a page to the footer area, but I don’t want it to stand out. So, how do I use the plug-in?

braddalton
    Participant

Simply create the link in a new post draft, copy the HTML for the link from your text editor and paste it into the footer field the plugin provides.

Margery
    Participant

Where is the “footer field”? Do I have to look in the style editor? And when you say “post draft” you mean a post, not a page? I’m so sorry!

To be more specific, what I’m trying to include on the site is a link for a disclaimer, so it’s a good one page document.

braddalton
    Participant

Try this http://vimeo.com/52407349
    [html]
    Disclaimer
    [/html]

Simply replace http://example.com/ with the full url to your Disclaimer page and paste the HTML into the footer field of the Genesis Simple Edits plugin.

Margery
    Participant

Yay! Success! I followed the video and was able to add the links into the footer that I wanted.

One strange thing, however…I decided to also take the video’s suggestion and add my company to the copyright info rather than wordpress/studiopress. No luck. Is there a magic genie that prevents this?

braddalton
    Participant

I would check the box to customize the entire footer and add your HTML for your company.

You can also remove the shortcodes from the footer field.

Margery
    Participant

I realized that the words I’m still seeing relate to my wishlist member plug-in, not a Genesis issue. I don’t suppose you know a way around them?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.