Footer Credits Issue with Legacy Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Footer Credits Issue with Legacy Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wp guy

I inherited a project and they want the footer credits modified. They want something added to it. Since the credits were already customized I figured I’d just modify it in the functions.php or maybe by clicking the “Genesis” tab. However, I could not find anything regarding how they modified the credits – nothing in the home.php, nothing in the Genesis tab, no plugins, etc…

So I put the code below into the functions.php. Nothing. Didn’t change it. I put the code into my test site and it worked just fine. Any help appreciated.

This is the site:

And this is the code I put in the functions.php that didn’t change anything:

/** Customize the entire footer */
    remove_action( ‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_do_footer’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_footer’, ‘custom_footer’ );
    function custom_footer() {
    <p>&copy; <p style=”text-align: center;”>© 2011  <a href=””>Gels Nutrition</a> &middot; All Rights Reserved &middot; Designed by <a href=””>Wordpress ReDesigned</a> &middot; <a href=””>Admin</a>Search Engine Optimization SEO by <a href=””>Seo Excell</a></p>

i’d need FTP access to be of any help… maybe someone can chime in that’s experienced something like this before.

I’m not sure if this will apply to you, but I just customized the footer credits on a site, and here’s the code I that worked for me. I added this to the functions.php file.

/** Customize the entire footer */
    remove_action( ‘genesis_footer’, ‘genesis_do_footer’ );
    add_action( ‘genesis_footer’, ‘custom_footer’ );
    function custom_footer()

{   echo ‘<div class=”creds”><p>';
    echo ‘Copyright &copy; ‘;
    echo date(‘Y’);
    echo ‘ &middot; <a href=””/>Tracey Davis</a>  | Website design by <a href=””>Susan Trabucchi</a> Powered by the <a href=””>Genesis Framework</a>';
    echo ‘</p></div>';

The site is

wp guy: Your code has opening and closing PHP tags which will cause a problem plus your HTML isn’t eco’d.

Modify Susan’s with your own HTML and it should work.

Here’s an excellent beginners guide to PHP

You only use the PHP tags when adding PHP to template files. Not when adding custom functions to your child themes functions.php

I tried to use the code snippet from SusanT’s post above but I get the following error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/content/L/i/t/LittleredV/html/dhrphoto/wp-content/themes/landscape/functions.php on line 58
    Line 58 is: { echo ‘<div class=”creds”><p>’;

Using with the Landscape theme

Am I missing something?

The problem with copying code from a web page is the Apostrophes turn around causing errors.

Please see point 6

I suggest you install the Genesis Simple Edits plugin and customize the entire footer credits that way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.