Force sidebar for search page and post category page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Force sidebar for search page and post category page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jumpringer 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jumpringer
    Participant

I’m using the Simple Sidebars plugin and old “Agency” theme.

The sidebars that display on the “search”, “archive” page, and page that displays when “Blog” menu is clicked display the wrong sidebar(s). The sidebar on the individual blog posts are correct.

Some possible solutions might be conditional code on the functions.php, or the plug-in “Genesis Layout Extras”.

I’d appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction or to a link with some more explanation.

Thanks.

http://jumpgraphix.com/stage/dev/catzen_forensic/content/?page_id=11

Jumpringer
    Participant

note – just installed the plugin “widget context” – having some success, but not sure this is the solution.

braddalton
    Participant

You can conditionally force a layout http://wpsites.net/web-design/change-layout-genesis/

Jumpringer
    Participant

Thanks, Brad.

Using the plugin WP Context, I had success, except with this:

Still can’t force sidebar display on my site’s page11 (?page_id=11). This is a page that contains the blog list.

Here’s my code, which doesn’t work. Page 11 displays the default sidebar, instead of the sidebar I named “category”.

function category(){
    if(is_page (’11′) ){
    get_sidebar(‘category’);
    }
    }

Suggestions?

braddalton
    Participant

Is the plugin active?

The code i linked to is tested and works but generally, code doesn’t work if you have a plugin installed to do the same thing.

Jumpringer
    Participant

Brad,

I took the easy way out:

deleted the WP context plugin, made my “Category sidebar” the default sidebar, and reset the other pages to new sidebars.

Now it is working and sidebars are displaying as designed.

Thanks for your help, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Force sidebar for search page and post category page’ is closed to new replies.