Forum Integration Tutorial

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Forum Integration Tutorial

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bravomedia 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bravomedia
    Participant

Hey guys the new community forum looks FABULOUS!

Is there a Genesis specific tutorial that shows how to integrate bbPress the same sexy way that has been done here in this forum?

Thanks,
    ~RB

bravomedia
    Participant

…anybody?

sahdow
    Participant

I haven’t played with forums in a while, but integration isn’t a “Genesis” issue so much as a WordPress – BBPress issue.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  sahdow.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

The forums integrate pretty simply. You activate and setup the plugin. Not much setup even.

There is a tiny bit of behind the scenes customization including the menu that was added, but even that is pretty minimal. The secondary nav could be used instead of the extra widgeted menu area.

The rest is CSS. There is roughly 300 lines of CSS added to the theme style sheet, but that will be specific to the theme. You could use FireBug or a similar dev tool to see how that works together.

bravomedia
    Participant

The piece Im struggling with at the moment is getting the full width template to engage.
    Ive specified it in the page layout settings, but the sidebar is still showing when I view the forum.

I know this may be a bbPress setting and this isnt bbPress support, but I cant find it (figure it out) anywhere.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.