Generate Box is not displaying in Generate

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Generate Box is not displaying in Generate

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 39 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tproud 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

The generate box is configured to only show up on the home page. The code is in Home.php. If you want it on all pages, you need to pull the Generate code out, put it in the functions file and add the appropriate conditional statement for all pages. I am using Generate and have a slider and the Jetpack Subscription widget in the same widget area and it works fine. Also, the Generate Widget area’s CSS was only coded for use with horizontal widgets. So if you want widgets to line up side by side, you will need to add that CSS to your style sheet.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant

I posted while you were posting. The Generate Box instructions in my.studiopress.com (http://my.studiopress.com/setup/generate-theme/#box) says to use a Text Box and add the code indicated on that page. The Generate Plugin was not developed by Studiopress or their representatives. If it’s not working, you should contact the plugin developer over on the plugin support page.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

tproud
    Participant

Thank you! I only need the Generate box to appear on my front page (at http://lendingbeeinc.com/test/), I do not want it on all pages. The Generate box plugin allows this option. So what exactly do I need to do to have the generate box display on the page? Thank you.

anitac
    Participant

I would disable that plugin and just use the Generate instructions in my.studiopress.com. That should be the easiest way. So do you want the Generate box or just use the Generate widget area to put a slider?

tproud
    Participant

Instructions at http://my.studiopress.com/setup/generate-theme/#box refer to the sign up form code but I do not need that. I need the generate box area only to display the Responsive slider widget that I added there. The question is: can the Generate box be displayed on a static page?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  tproud.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  tproud.

anitac
    Participant

If you want it on a static page, you may have to create your own template, use the code from the home.php and use conditional statements for it show on that template only. Unfortunately, I am not code savvy in that way so I am unable to code that for you.

tproud
    Participant

OK, you mentioned that you are using Generate and have a slider – do you have it on a static page or a post page? Do you the generate box for the slider?

anitac
    Participant

I have the Genesis Responsive Slider on the home page only using the Generate widget area.

tproud
    Participant

That’s exactly what I need! Did you put the slider widget in the primary sidebar? Also, do you use a static page for your home page?

tproud
    Participant

I only have the option to put the Genesis Responsive Slider in the primary sidebar, and it doesn’t work for me. The sidebar is too narrow for the slider. I want the slider in the body of my page, is there a way to do this? Thanks!

anitac
    Participant

Okay, let’s back up – you DO NOT see a widget called Generate under Appearance > Widgets??????

anitac
    Participant

@tproud… I see the slider on your home page. What are you trying to do?????

tproud
    Participant

I have just switched the front page from static page to latest posts page and the slider shows – I did it just to check. But I don’t need latest posts on my front page so it’s temporary.

tproud
    Participant

No, I DO NOT see a widget called Generate under Appearance > Widgets.

anitac
    Participant

If that’s all you want is to remove the posts on the front…. why didn’t you say that. Do you only want the slider on the home page and nothing else?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.