August 8, 2013 at 9:07 am #54914
I have upgraded to Genesis 2.0.0 on my site http://www.seovirgin.com
The site is still functioning thankfully but when I go to the Pages or Posts sections in my dashboard I have this error message showing up under each page/post entry:
Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: charset `UTF-7′ not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /home/seovirgi/public_html/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 2751
I deactivated all plugins and nothing changed so I can only assume it’s something to do with the upgrade??
AlanaAugust 8, 2013 at 9:22 am #54925
I found others with this issue over here – http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-after-update-36. Post that you are having this problem as well. If someone reports a solution, please respond back over here. And we can watch to see if others have the same issue here.
August 8, 2013 at 9:33 am #54930
I also saw that post and hence I deactivated the plugins to test.
I have now attempted to use the default theme to rule out the theme issues and get this error on activation of it:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function gltw_api_config() in /home/seovirgi/public_html/wp-content/plugins/genesis-latest-tweets/genesis-latest-tweets.php on line 51
I went in via FTP to delete the Genesis Latest Tweets plugin to get back that page.
Then I activated Twenty Thirteen but the problem is still there.
I have posted on wordpress.org now too but this error appeared after I upgraded to Genesis 2.0.0 NOT to WP 3.6
ThanksAugust 8, 2013 at 9:34 am #54931
Something between the two are bumping heads. I’ll send out a tweet to see if I can get some help.
August 8, 2013 at 9:53 am #54941
Thanks, I’ve retweeted you!
I had to start a new reply on wordpress.org and it is here:
AAugust 8, 2013 at 10:50 am #54988
FAT MediaParticipantPost count: 87
You might want to take a look at this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/utf-7-of-death-wp-bug
Also, I’ve switched all my sites over to this latest tweets plugin instead of the Genesis one: http://wordpress.org/plugins/latest-tweets-widget/
It’s being updated more frequently and hasn’t caused any problems.
August 8, 2013 at 11:38 am #55006
I went into phpMyAdmin and as they instructed in that post I;
- went into the WP database in play via the control panl
- clicked into wp_options
- found blog_charset which did have UTF-7 next to it
- changed it to UTF8
Error message has now gone!
p.s. I have readded the Genesis Latest Tweets for the moment as I’m not sure yet whether that had any gremlin part to play in all of this but I will definitely bear in mind your advice about it being a good alternative. Thanks again!August 8, 2013 at 12:26 pm #55026
I knew @fatmedia would be able to help! No I don’t think the tweets had anything to do with it!
The topic ‘Genesis 2.0.0 page and post errors’ is closed to new replies.