Genesis 2 beta

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mmjaeger 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mmjaeger
    Participant

hello
    I was wondering what the recommended image sizes (thumb, medium, large) settings would be for Genesis 2 beta “Sample”

Thank you in advance for your input.

braddalton
    Participant

There are none for that child theme as there’s no home page widgets.

I think you should set them so one is full width content, another post thumbnail size and one in between.

Personally, i use:

600 x 300

300 x 150

150 x 150

This way 600 x 300 resize’s to 300 x 150 nicely.

mmjaeger
    Participant

I see – thanks

as to full width you’re talking about 1140px, right – I still have to kind of figure out how to do this – I’ve hundreds and hundreds of pictures in wordpress originally exported from Apple Aperture at 1024px wide – I couldn’t find a solution yet that would allow me to re-export those pictures from Aperture based on the file content of wp-content/uploads – it would take me probably weeks to do this manually.

braddalton
    Participant

You could go full width or just use the full width of the content area excluding the sidebar. Depends on whether you want to add a full width slider.

Regenerate images using a plugin. http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails-new-image-sizes-wordpress/

mmjaeger
    Participant

I’m actually using the regenerate thumbnail plugin quite often – however that doesn’t help in my case – I’d love to have a full-width slider but I first need a way to reexport my pictures larger than 1024.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.