Genesis Hooks

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Hooks

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  slydawgg 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kkuzik
    Participant

I see that there is an area to add something to the genesis_after_post_content but why does it show on the page if it is for Post Content? Is there a way to just have the content that I want added here to just the posts and not pages as well?

http://expertsportsperformance.com

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

In WordPress vernacular, both pages and posts are a considered a “post type”, so the genesis_after_post_content hook isn’t reserved just for posts. (Here’s more info in nerd terms).

To do what you’re wanting, tou’ll need to use a conditional statement along with that hook to only display on pages. Here’s an intro tutorial to conditional statements. You’ll want to use the is_single() check to only show you’re info on posts.

So you might have a conditional that looks like:

add_action ( 'genesis_after_post_content', 'add_my_stuff' );

function add_my_stuff() {

if ( ! is_single )
             return;

echo 'add your text here';
    }

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

kkuzik
    Participant

Thanks!

slydawgg
    Participant

@cdils – I’ve tried your method but cannot seem to make it do what I am trying to do. Hopefully you have an idea regarding this issue:

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/category-vs-single-featured-images-ideas-agency/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.