Genesis is no longer on my dashboard.

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis is no longer on my dashboard.

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lachesa
    Participant

Genesis is no longer on the dashboard, it was there Sunday when I changed the default color in the theme settings.

FYI, When setting up the child theme Metro, I imported the demo theme and worked backwards. Yesterday I deleted the sample post and pages and categories that I don’t need for my website.

Yesterday I notice while I was working on the child theme Genesis is no longer on the dashboard. The child theme is there and I am actively working on it. I restored some of the pages and post thinking that I may have deleted something related and needed to stay in place (I think this is when Genesis may have been uninstalled?)
    Today I logged in with no trouble, Genesis is still not on the dashboard. However, It is shown in the FTP file.

What do you advise I do next?

Ozzy
    Participant

is metro showing on the front end?

do you have a link to the site?

lachesa
    Participant

Yes metro is showing on the front end.

I have not launch the site and was planning this weekend. I have the coming soon page plugin activated right not.

Ozzy
    Participant

have you added any of the functions found on this page, http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/admin-management/, to your functions.php file?

lachesa
    Participant

No, I have not, I have been working on content only, setting up pages and post and images.
    only plugin is coming soon.

Maybe it has to do with trashing the demo pages?

Ozzy
    Participant

It shouldn’t, but it might depend on what plugin your using for that. it’s difficult without knowing all of the information.

try disabling the plugins and seeing if it comes back.

also under user settings, do you have Genesis Admin Menu set to display?

lachesa
    Participant

Ozzy, Your awesome!

I have been working on this website for a week and Genesis was showing on the dashboard all the time.
    I change my user name the other day and somehow it was unchecked. Too simple….

That solved the problem! Thank you!

lachesa
    Participant

Ozzy, While I have you on the line. I have been fussing with my header on the metro theme for a few days….

The header size is 1080 x 87, I removed the text box and orig. header and the image is short my 3/4 of inch.
    Left side has a color block (3/4 inch wide Vertically). I re-sized the image to 1090 x 87 and the side block is still there.

Do you have a recommendation for this?

Do I need to form a new post?

Thank you!

Ozzy
    Participant

i’d have to see the actual site to be of more help on that as it’s not something i’ve run into before.

i would form a new post as it could get the attention of someone who can figure this out without looking at the site.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Genesis is no longer on my dashboard.’ is closed to new replies.