Genesis Media Project/Production Theme – Video slideshow

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Media Project/Production Theme – Video slideshow

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Bob@BobSorey.com 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JohnRDale
    Participant

This might be a dumb question but I can’t find the answer anywhere–maybe I’m over complicating…what is the slideshow for and how do I use in the GMP/Production Theme (it is a drop down in the GMP widget)?

Thank you.

John

Susan

This tutorial might help (if you haven’t already seen it)

http://production.designsbynickthegeek.com/video/genesis-media-project-plugin-tutorial/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

JohnRDale
    Participant

Hi Susan:

Thanks for the quick response.  I have seen all of the tutorials and used the extensively when I was setting up my site.  What I’m still trying to figure out is what the slideshow does.  Why would I use it?  Does it change the thumbnails on the video slider?  As I’ve developed my site (www.johnrdale.com), I have added feature images for each of my videos.  Am I making my life harder by not using the slideshow?

Again, sorry if I”m over complicating or being dense.  I see the feature and can see how to use it but just don’t understand why to use it.

Thanks,

John

Bob@BobSorey.com
    Participant

I have installed the theme on a second site and when I installed the plugin and activated the plugin, it doesn’t allow me to see the “GMP Video Tabs” in the widget area.  I’m trying to place it in the home top section but the option is an available widget.  It is not in the inactive widgets area either…

In the site that it works fine, I deactivated and it went away…reactivated and it works again.  New site – it never shows up.  Have reviewed the videos and cannot figure this one out.

The video toolbar tab is in it’s place.  It’s just the widget GMP Video Tab that is missing.

We deleted and reinstalled it as well…suggestions?

Bob@BobSorey.com
    Participant

For others searching –

Found solution – Under Genesis toolbar tab – media project  – Activate the Video Tab Slider module? check the box and it appears as a widget

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.