Genesis Responsive Slider – Hide Blog Posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Responsive Slider – Hide Blog Posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

moxiegirl
    Participant

I am using the Genesis Responsive Slider. I am using posts to show the images in the slider. I put those posts in their own category (slider). I want to hide that category (or blog posts in that category) from showing up on my blog page.

Is this something that can be done with Simple Hooks? I don’t really want to add another plugin.

Thx!

braddalton
    Participant

You can do this several ways.

Use CSS to hide all posts using that category.

Install a plugin and exclude posts in that category from displaying on your blog or home page.

Add some PHP code to your child themes functions.php file and edit the post i.d for that category you want to exclude with a conditional tag for the blog page.

braddalton
    Participant

I’ve actually written another post about 5 ways to do this but you may just want the code:

Replace the 32 with the tag i.d for the category you want to exclude from your homepage.

You can also change the conditional tag if needed.

moxiegirl
    Participant

Thanks, Brad.

I was feeling scared to touch the PHP ever since that one time. At band camp. Okay, it wasn’t band camp. I just touch the PHP once and killed a site. So I am leery.

To get around this I decided to change the slider to use Pages instead of Posts because I don’t have to show all the pages on my site.

I appreciate your help!

braddalton
    Participant

Understand. I did test this code so i know it works and shouldn’t kill your site if you copy the raw version of the code.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.