Genesis Responsive Slider nav arrows missing

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider nav arrows missing

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jeffrey
    Participant

I have the check box for show arrows ticked in the settings, but don’t see any nav arrows. Also, is there a way to keep the h2 in the excerpt area from inheriting the excerpt background’s opacity? I.e., can the excerpt background keep it’s opacity, but the headline text be solid?

I’ve tried to find a way in the CSS, but I’m not seeing it.

Here’s the dev site: http://wood.jeffrey-davis.net

Thanks a ton!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jeffrey.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Rebecca Diamond.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Jeffrey.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Rebecca Diamond.

SoZo

The “overflow: hidden;” in both #wrap and #inner are keeping the arrows from showing. For the opacity you need to use an rgba background color instead of the opacity property.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Jeffrey
    Participant

Thanks SoZo! disabling those “overflow: hidden;” declarations did show me the arrows. is there a way to move those arrows to float side by side on the right-hand side of the excerpt bar instead of on either side of the slider image?

Also, is there a way to get the excerpt background color opacity AND the solid title color — or are the two mutually exclusive?

SoZo

The arrow positioning is set by the .flex-direction-nav li .next and .flex-direction-nav li .prev rules. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

As for the transparency you can remove the opacity property and instead set a background using rgba

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  SoZo.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  SoZo.

Jeffrey
    Participant

Those fixes worked perfectly SoZo. Thanks!

SoZo

You’re welcome :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Responsive Slider nav arrows missing’ is closed to new replies.