Genesis Responsive Slider: Use BOTH Post and Page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Responsive Slider: Use BOTH Post and Page?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jorwesflow
    Participant

Is there a workaround to get the Genesis Responsive Slider plugin to use both posts and pages instead of just one or the other? I’d like to feature both a blog post and a static page in the homepage slider. I

http://www.thattheyremainfree.com

anitac
    Participant

Unfortunately not. But there is a work around however you should limit it’s usage to just a few images as it can be time consuming.

To make this work with a page –

Create a Category called – “Placeholder”. Hover over it and write down the Category ID number.

Create a post with the name of the PAGE you want to show up in the slider and add the Featured Image. Check the category “Placeholder”. Save and copy the URL. Do not place content in that post. Just create the title and add the Featured Image.

Create the page you want – content and featured image – scroll down to “Custom Redirect URI” and put the URL of the Post you created.

Now, to keep that blank Post from being added to the Archive, do this. Grab the ID of that Placeholder Category. Go to Genesis > Theme Settings. Scroll down to Blog Page Template and place that number in the box that says “Exclude the Following Category IDs” and Save.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  anitac. Reason: correct word
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  anitac. Reason: added a step I forgot
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  anitac. Reason: correct word
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  anitac. Reason: added a step I forgot

jorwesflow
    Participant

Oh yeah… You could have just said “hey buddy, Custom Redirect URL, duh”, And saved the keystrokes! Kind of mad at myself I didn’t think of that. Thanks for your help!

anitac
    Participant

Well, a lot of people don’t know what a Custom Redirect URI is so I wasn’t going to assume you knew that. I’ll close this since it’s resolved.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Responsive Slider: Use BOTH Post and Page?’ is closed to new replies.