Genesis Simple Sidebar – can't delete a bad sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Simple Sidebar – can't delete a bad sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  StacyN 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am using Genesis Simple Sidebars. One of the sidebars I created – I decided I wanted to try to rename it or delete it. There’s something very odd about the sidebar, because somehow it managed to get setup but calls to no ID name.

Now, I can’t delive it – or even edit it. If I try, it says – “Oops! You are trying to delete a sidebar that does not exist, or cannot be deleted: or if I try to edit – it says, “Oops! You are trying to edit a sidebar that does not exist, or is not editable”

But it’s appearing in the list of active registered sidebars. Worse yet – it is now adding itself as the “default” sidebar to pages. It wants to override what I have set in place for sidebar choices. And becaues it really has no widgets in it – what happens is the page/post will then go to the default sidebar.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove this one bad instance of the a sidebar? It’s wildly frustrating right now on a deadline. I don’t know how to unhook it…

I use this plug-in on almost all my client’s websites – never had an issue with it until now!I l also have a note into the Help Desk.

Kindest regards,

You could delete the plugin files and start again however the sidebar i.d may be saved in the database.

That’s why I’m afraid of – that it might be right in the database? We have multiple sidebars (it’s a rather complicated little website) so I hope this isn’t the case (having to start from scratch).

Well – I did get a note from the Help Desk – but I am very afraid to go into the database – this is where it crossing my line of being “comfortable”. Deleting the plug-in and adding it back didn’t work, so yes – it’s something now corrupt in the database.

Unfortunately the only way to do this is by deleting references to it in the database directly.

This thread shows what to look for:

What would anyone suggest now? I’m looking right at these instructions and yet I’m pretty sure I have no idea how to do this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.