Genesis Simple Sidebar – can't delete a bad sidebar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis Simple Sidebar – can't delete a bad sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  StacyN 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

StacyN
    Participant

I am using Genesis Simple Sidebars. One of the sidebars I created – I decided I wanted to try to rename it or delete it. There’s something very odd about the sidebar, because somehow it managed to get setup but calls to no ID name.

Now, I can’t delive it – or even edit it. If I try, it says – “Oops! You are trying to delete a sidebar that does not exist, or cannot be deleted: or if I try to edit – it says, “Oops! You are trying to edit a sidebar that does not exist, or is not editable”

But it’s appearing in the list of active registered sidebars. Worse yet – it is now adding itself as the “default” sidebar to pages. It wants to override what I have set in place for sidebar choices. And becaues it really has no widgets in it – what happens is the page/post will then go to the default sidebar.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove this one bad instance of the a sidebar? It’s wildly frustrating right now on a deadline. I don’t know how to unhook it…

I use this plug-in on almost all my client’s websites – never had an issue with it until now!I l also have a note into the Help Desk.

Kindest regards,
    Stacy

http://infralt.info

braddalton
    Participant

You could delete the plugin files and start again however the sidebar i.d may be saved in the database.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

StacyN
    Participant

That’s why I’m afraid of – that it might be right in the database? We have multiple sidebars (it’s a rather complicated little website) so I hope this isn’t the case (having to start from scratch).

StacyN
    Participant

Well – I did get a note from the Help Desk – but I am very afraid to go into the database – this is where it crossing my line of being “comfortable”. Deleting the plug-in and adding it back didn’t work, so yes – it’s something now corrupt in the database.

Unfortunately the only way to do this is by deleting references to it in the database directly.

This thread shows what to look for:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/error-after-updating-to-php-54?replies=19

What would anyone suggest now? I’m looking right at these instructions and yet I’m pretty sure I have no idea how to do this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.