Genesis Slider Setup Questions

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis Slider Setup Questions

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Shookfoil 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Shookfoil
    Participant

This is probably my incompetence, but I am having several difficulties.

1) I don’t have the option of using Featured as an option under Taxonomies & Terms – I think I want to set my Featured Image in the slider and it will take people to the right page when they click on it.  They would then see the page as it should be, rather than with the Featured Image front & centre.

2) How do I figure out my Page ID – I just have titles

3)  What I want to do is use the slider to direct people to take action – sign up for newsletter, go to ‘About’ Page, etc.  I am pretty sure I can do this, but is that true?

This is my first time using Genesis and its child themes – and I know most of the issues I’ve found so far have easy solutions.

I’m testing it at http://theclassicaleducator.com until it’s ready to move to my main site.

Thanks

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

To use the Featured category like it has in the slider settings image, you have to have exsiting posts in a category called “Featured”.

To find page ids, because WordPresshides them, http://wordpress.org/support/topic/find-page-id?replies=5

So you will be using pages OR posts.

3 – yes.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Shookfoil
    Participant

Thanks Andrea.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.