Genesis tabs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Genesis tabs

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SASchade 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

SASchade
    Participant

I would like to add Genesis Tabs to the content area of a page.  How can I add the Genesis Tabs widget to the content area of a page?  DO I need to make a custom page template (I hope not)?

Thanks, Scott

charriott4
    Participant

Can you post a link to your site please?

Web Designs By Chrissy | Twitter @designbychrissy

Follow Me On Facebook

SASchade
    Participant

Thanks for asking.  I’m sorry I did not explain that.  This request is actually for a site I haven’t built yet.

charriott4
    Participant

I dont think there is a way to add the tabs to the content area of a page without some major customization. The simplest way would be to add a page template. Its really not as difficult as you would think.

Follow Me On Facebook

SASchade
    Participant

Thanks again.  I guess I assumed it would be difficult since I never tried to create one.  I’ll check it out and try.  I appreciate the encouragement.

charriott4
    Participant

SASchade
    Participant

I really appreciate your help.  That does not look too frightening.  I will definitely try that.

charriott4
    Participant

No Problem, Anytime :)

Follow Me On Facebook

anitac
    Participant

Check out David Decker’s instruction on creating a Widgetized 404 page. You probably use this as a guide renaming 404 to whatever you want – http://genesisthemes.de/en/2011-08/tutorial-widgetized-404-error-page-in-genesis/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

SASchade
    Participant

Thanks for the additional great advice.

Joseph Lee
    Participant

SAS, another great example/source will be the AgentPress theme if you have the bundle. The home.php has a widgetized front page that on many clients I use tabbed widget on as a content area. The bottom left and bottom right widgets make up the home page content area and the homepage sidebar. I use the tabbed widget on the content (left home sidebar) all the time.

SASchade
    Participant

Joseph Lee, thanks for the good idea.  I had not thought about customizing the AgentPress theme to suit my needs.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.