Genesis theme ran updates and now header is transparent instead of white

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Genesis theme ran updates and now header is transparent instead of white

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

olelu
    Participant

With News Child Theme, I just ran an update on the theme and also updated WordPress and running these updates made my header transparent – I don’t know how to make it white again. Could anyone help me please?

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/92jC7mB.gif

Susan
    This reply has been marked as private.

olelu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Marc

There are effectively competing stylesheets in your site which is creating much of the difficulty. The style information that is present in the HTML is overriding any changes you make to the theme’s stylesheet.css. I would advise removing the styling related to the header that is in the custom-background-css. To learn more, review the page source particularly the section snippet below located immediately above the closing head tag –

<style type="text/css" id="custom-background-css">
    body.custom-background { background-color: #1f9db9; background-image: url('http://dad.squarehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/dark_blue_bkground1.png'); background-repeat: repeat; background-position: top left; background-attachment: scroll; }
    </style>

rezendiz
    Participant

I’m having this same issue, why are some of the replies marked as private?

Susan

I’m having this same issue, why are some of the replies marked as private?

I marked my reply as private because the original person who posted didn’t post a link to her site – she just posted an image. I couldn’t help her based on the image, so did a google search to find her site. Since she didn’t want her site to be publicized here in the forum, I respected her wish.

The answer I provided didn’t resolve her issue.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.