Georgia Theme Colors CSS

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Georgia Theme Colors CSS

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marybaum 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

teresantx
    Participant

I am wanting to change my theme to the Georgia Theme but I was wondering if there was a way to change the background color behind the header and link colors?

Right now I am using the Fairway them and I do not like it much.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  teresantx. Reason: spelling
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  teresantx. Reason: spelling
    http://www.frugaltexasdiva.com

marybaum
    Participant

You can change anything you like in any of the themes, if you’re willing to edit the CSS file.

In Chrome or Firefox, right-click or control-click the element you want to change and pull down the menu that pops up to Inspect Element.

That will open a series of panels that include all the CSS rules that apply to the element in question – and tell you what stylesheet file it’s in and what line you need to change to make the element look different.

Then, open a copy of that stylesheet – most likely style.css – in a text editor on your machine. Notepad and Textedit (Mac) will work, but you might want to download something like Sublime Text that shows you line numbers and helps you learn the languages.

Go to the line number that has the color info and change the color. Do that in the copy of the file – then save, and using FTP, upload the new version of style.css to your server.

Hope that helps.

MB

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.