Getting the Education theme and bbpress customized…

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Getting the Education theme and bbpress customized…

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jessica
    Participant

Hello,
    I am using Genesis with the Education theme, and using the bbpress message board, and I have a couple of tweaks I would like to make but have not been able to figure out how.

1. I would like to not have any posts on the front page of the site – just the content I have put there with widgets. I don’t want to make them private because I want logged in users to see the site without the extra posts and also they need to be public posts so they can be used in the slider.

2. I would like to remove the primary sidebar while keeping the secondary sidebar.

3. We have the message board set to be private, and a page that users who are not logged in get redirected to when trying to visit the message board. I would like to add a login box to that page.

4. Administrators on the forum can’t set a signature. They can if they are changed to regular users but then it goes away when they are reset to administrators.

5. We would like to be able to see new board posts and replies with a click, and also to have boards and posts that are new be indicated as such.

6. We would like all users to be able to post polls within board posts.

Any ideas? Thanks!

SoZo

There’s a tutorial on switching sidebars here. For the rest of your questions you should inquire on the WP forums.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.