Going Green | How to prevent image overlap

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Going Green | How to prevent image overlap

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  surefirewebserv 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ccpet
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to add in a 3rd column after the site has been running for a year or so, and am not sure what is happening. I’ve attached a picture of what is going on.

site is http://bit.ly/gFzxhn

Image can be seen here (can’t find how to load an image into the new forum)

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s253/sh/17e6d06a-4343-4a37-ad62-aa2da6d6e491/ebdd5f9cc3d189b59173b74b5fbdb87a

Thanks for any help

surefirewebserv
    Participant

If the sites not responsive you’ll just have to resize the image.

SureFireWebServices.com | Genesis Tuts and More
    Genesis Theme Starter Kit | It’s Free

ccpet
    Participant

As you may see in the picture linked, the text is also getting pushed to behind the right sidebar. So, I could resize images all I want, but that text is just getting pushed behind, and that I can’t do much about.

surefirewebserv
    Participant

From looking at it and your description of adding a third column, it sounds like your two columns are styled with a pixel size.

I can’t really tell without looking at the code but I would mess around with the widths of your columns.  And also make sure to clear your floats.

ccpet
    Participant

I have no idea how to do those things. I didn’t change anything, so am unsure why it wouldn’t just work out of the box.

surefirewebserv
    Participant

Could it be the old version of Going Green? I know they updated the look a while ago, and a lot of things have changed with Genesis since the original going green.

ccpet
    Participant

It is an older version of Going Green, but the newest version of Genesis. If I upgrade to the new version of GG, will it significantly impact the overall layout? I just don’t have the time to fix a ton of broken stuff if that might happen.

surefirewebserv
    Participant

It might, since your styles are all different…

If you’re not familiar with CSS, I think you’re going to need someone to dive into the code to set it up for you…

Is it just the columns that keep getting messed up??

Do you have the site on a test server?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.