Google Fonts changes not showing on all pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Google Fonts changes not showing on all pages

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Geopology
    Participant

Hi,

I just downloaded the Google Fonts plugin. I’ve chosen the “Italianno” font for the header. However, the change is only reflected on the home page. When you click on the other pages the font is still the same.

Any suggestions on how I can apply the change to the header on all of the pages?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.nleephotos.com/wordpress

David Chu
    Participant

Yes. Here’s some CSS code that’s being used on your inner pages. Your plugin is putting out nice code for H1, but “#content H1″ overrides that. You can edit your style.css (Appearance…. Edit) and find this bit of code. Then you just add your new font first in the “font-family” line, like so:

[css]
    #content h1, #content h2, #content h3, #content h4, #content h5, #content h6, #header .widget-area h4 {
    color: #4D4D47;
    font-family: "Italianno", Arial,Tahoma,Verdana;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 0 0 5px;
    padding: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
    }[/css]

My idea is a little blunt. :-) If you code it like the above, those other headings will also get Italianno, but maybe you want that font in those other headings! And the spelling of Italianno is funny – the inventor must not be Italian. ;)

Cheers,
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Geopology
    Participant

Hi David!

Thank you for your response. I did as you suggested…adding “Italianno” to the font family. However, the change still only shows in the Ninotchka Lee Photography on the home page the other Ninotchka Lee Photography heading on other pages didn’t change.

I did notice that the page descriptions such as; “The Photographer”, Details, Blog etc on the inner pages did change as well.

I am i missing something? Do i need to add something else relating to Google font to the site?

David Chu
    Participant

Hi!
    You’ve opened Pandora’s box! :-)
    There are loads of things to style in any theme, and no plugin author, even a genius, can guess them all. You may need to make Firebug your friend!

Here’s a good example when you want to just change it on one thing. This addresses just the big title up top. You can take “View source” on your page to see how this connects with your site code:

[css]
    #title-area #title a {
    font-family: "Italianno";
    }
    [/css]

Geopology
    Participant

David, you’re awesome!! That was exactly what I needed, it works!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!!

David Chu
    Participant

Super!
    You have a nice weekend as well!
    Dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.