Happy New Years! Quick Question!

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Happy New Years! Quick Question!

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RickRDuncan 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

commander1313
    Participant

Hello everyone!  This is my first post here on the forums and I’m glad to be here.  One of my New Year goals/decisions is to start into web design full time this year.

I just had a quick question for you guys about something I saw earlier today.  I was looking through some websites and I came across something odd in a dental website out of Arizona.   If you look at the footer it seems as is the design company has included links to competitors? I figured since you all are in the industry you would know whether this was something that is common or is some kind of link stuffing for black hat SEO.

Anyways I thought I would start off the New Year saying hello and asking a question.  Thanks!

RickRDuncan
    Participant

Yes, it’s spammy and is a practice that should be avoided.

Simply take a look at the background color of the website and the color of the links in the footer. Now ask yourself this… Does this help the user in any way? The answer is obviously no. The web design company is simply trying to get links to their other clients and themselves.

When I leave a “footnote” in a client’s website, I place one link that’s “not” keyword rich and I also add the “nofollow” attribute. Then I inform the client what it is and why I’m doing it and ask if it’s OK to keep it there. They are free to say no thanks and some do. I’m OK with that. But the example you provided is in my opinion too spammy.

Happy New Year!

-rd

-Rick R. Duncan
    RVAMedia.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.