Hardcoding social sharing on a post

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Hardcoding social sharing on a post

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

krystyn
    Participant

I’m looking for tips/tricks to have customized social sharing buttons at the bottom of a post. I’d like to be able to change the color on initial view and hover. I’d also like to be able to adjust the size. I’d also like it to show the count for the sharing.

I haven’t found a plugin that lets me do all of these things, but I’m sure there is one I’m missing.

http://www.krizzydesigns-test.com/test1/

braddalton
    Participant

Jetpack sharing does all that.

You can also drag out the sharing module and install it as a standalone plugin.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

krystyn
    Participant

Thanks @braddalton. I try to stay away from Jetpack because it is a resource hog in my experience. Is the sharing module this one: Jetpack Sharing: http://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack-sharing/

If so, I don’t see the option to change the color of the icons, etc. Maybe I’m missing something or I have the wrong one?

braddalton
    Participant

krystyn
    Participant

Thanks @Braddalton, so I need Jetpack or slim Jetpack, correct?

braddalton
    Participant

Any. You could use the module on its own.

krystyn
    Participant

@Braddalton I’m not following what you mean by using the module all on its own. Forgive me if that’s a silly question.

braddalton
    Participant

You linked to a plugin which is the sharing module on its own without Jetpack.

Did you install it and add the CSS code i wrote, tested and published on my site?

krystyn
    Participant

Thank you @braddalton, I thought you meant to use something else. Yes, I have it working, but for some reason, can’t edit the width properly to match that of the site, can’t reduce the font size (I’ve been messing with firebug as well as adding css and it won’t change:(

Got the width..I was adding the 100% in the wrong spot. Can’t figure out changing the fonts of the buttons.

http://www.krizzydesigns-test.com/test1/

Never mind figured that all out! Now I’m just thinking about swapping the text for background images, but have to see how the numbers look.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  krystyn.

krystyn
    Participant

@braddalton is there a way to use the hooks to put the social sharing under the meta data, maybe using the ranking so it’s in another order?

braddalton
    Participant

Yes, you could filter the output and use any Genesis or WordPress hook.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.