has anyone ever seen a menu with pictures?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks has anyone ever seen a menu with pictures?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Zoose Graphics 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

john gronley
    Participant

An agent sent me this site and I thought the menu was really cool with featured pictures that float at the bottom of the rotator: http://royalhenry.com/

Is there anything in StudioPress similar to this or a plugin for the menu?

Thanks,

John

http://royalhenry.com/

Zoose Graphics
    Participant

The picture menu can be done in genesis as well.
    You can define custom classes in your CSS file and add CSS CLASSES attribue in wordpress menu for those specific pages/links.

john gronley
    Participant

Thanks Zoose do you know where I can get the code or do I add this in place of the background color or is it easier to get the UberMenu?

#menu-item-199 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-property.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-208 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-listings.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-49 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-blog.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-48 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-buyers-sellers.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-47 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-real-estate.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-46 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-resources.jpg”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-45 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-about.png”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }
    #menu-item-215 {
    background: url(“images/img_nav-contact.png”) repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    }

john gronley
    Participant

I suppose I should use a custom menu widget to place this inside the top-home-page and then tweak with using photos instead of color when it calls for background colors

Zoose Graphics
    Participant

You’re on the right track.
    Now, simply implement these IDs on to your specific menu as CSS CLASSES.
    For instance, if you want to show the (“images/img_nav-contact.png”) on Contact menu, copy “#menu-item-215″ and paste it into CSS CLASSES attribute of the Contact page.

You might have to tweek around your nav in responsive quarries to blend it in.

One thing I would recommend is to use the actual name of the nav menu instead of menu-item-###.
    It’s gonna be a pain when deleting and creating new pages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.