Header backgrounds

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Header backgrounds

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tony @ AlphaBlossom 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lufferov
    Participant

Hi,

I want to use a texture file for my header, but I also have a logo image. When I set the texture as the background for my header, it replaces my sites logo. How can I set up a background image for the header and keep my site logo?

Thanks

http://ugvm.org.uk

braddalton
    Participant

Layer your logo over your background using a tool like Paint.net, Photoshop or GIMP. Then add it as your header image.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Lufferov
    Participant

That’s not really a great solution, as my texture file is tiny and set to repeat. My site logo isn’t exactly huge either, but if I have to create a new logo with the texture behind the logo and make it the full width of my site, I’ve just made a huge file (compared to the current one) that will use more bandwidth and slow down my sites loading speed.

There must be a better way?

Tony @ AlphaBlossom
    Participant

You can apply the texture image to the .site-header (or #header – pre genesis 2) as a repeating background image.

Then set the logo as a background image for .site-title a (or #title a for pre genesis 2).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.