Header Right Area

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Header Right Area

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

stefiharr
    Participant

Hello!  I’m using the Going Green theme on the following site:  www.thegratefulbread.com/newsite.

I have a ribbon and two social media icons that I put into the “`genesis_header` Hook”.  I have everything lined up how I want it, but when I change my screen size to make sure it’s still responsive, the ribbon and social media icons go behind my header image instead of below them.

I tried putting the ribbon and icons in the Header Right widget, but they do not show up (or they’re there and hidden).  Also, I do not see a “genesis_header_right” as shown in the visual guide (http://genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/).  So, I had to put them in the `genesis_header` Hook.  Is there another/better way to float that stuff on the right?  I need to make sure it stays responsive.

THANK YOU!

Anita
    Participant

It would be better to place them in the header and then provide a link to the url so we can see what you have.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

stefiharr
    Participant

You mean in the header hook?

I have a logo on the left and want the ribbon and icons on the right.  Shouldn’t they all go in the header hook?

stefiharr
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m wondering if someone could help me with this issue (above).  I still need some more info. on how to NOT have the stuff on the right side of the header appear behind the logo (which is on the left).  Right now, I have the logo in the “header” hook, then I also have those other elements in the “header” hook.  Do I need to do something with floating them or is there something else I need to do?  I tried putting the code for the stuff on the right in the “header right” widget, but nothing was showing up?!?

Thank you!

Anita
    Participant

Please provide a link to your website so we can assist you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

stefiharr
    Participant

Anita
    Participant

Did you add those using the Genesis Simple Hooks? You could have placed them in the Header Right Widget area which would make them fall under the logo.

stefiharr
    Participant

I tried to do that, but they didn’t show up at all.  I’ll try again.  Be back soon.  :)

stefiharr
    Participant

OK, they are showing up…but still going behind the logo when I move the screen to the left.  How can I get them to fall below the logo?

Anita
    Participant

Leave the code there. Let me check the code out.

stefiharr
    Participant

I’m not going to move it – promise :):) THANK YOU!

Anita
    Participant

Where is that code placed? It’s not in the Header Right Widget – the actual widget area located in the Widget in the Dashboard. The CSS for that area is:

[css]#header .widget-area {
    float: right;
    width: 640px;
    }[/css]

However, those two items are not in it.

stefiharr
    Participant

I put it in the Header Right Widget under Appearance–>Widgets–>Header Right.  Then, I put a TEXT box under Header Right and pasted the code in there.  Is that not correct?

Anita
    Participant

I am trying to figure out why I cannot see the code. Give me another minute.

stefiharr
    Participant

ok, no prob :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.