Help adding two logos under prim navigation on Metro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help adding two logos under prim navigation on Metro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

TheATLBraves
    Participant

I am working for a dealer group, and they want to place the the logos of their two stores (400px x 100px each, I can resize them if needed) below the primary navigation on their blog’s homepage – I’m using the Metro theme.  In order for the dealerships’ logos to be centered on the homepage, I need to add a full width area that is just below the primary navigation and above the “Home Top” and primary sidebar areas.  I currently have four genesis sites up and running, but I have never had to do this type of customization.  Currently, my only option (that I know how to do) is to put the two logos in the “Home Top” section, but it doesn’t look right, and cant be centered because of the the side bar and I do not have the option of using a full width homepage.

I’d really appreciate any  possible help because the owner is very set on having the homepage setup this way.  Any help, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  The website is http://blog.orlandoautomotivefamily.com/  Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

Add a new custom widget area in the genesis_hook location for after menu on the home page only using a conditional tag.

More code on Github https://gist.github.com/5257550

You can then add content column classes to the widget.
    [html]
    <div class="one-half first">This is an example of a WordPress post, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many posts as you like in order to share with your readers what exactly is on your mind.</div>
    <div class="one-half">This is an example of a WordPress post, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many posts as you like in order to share with your readers what exactly is on your mind.</div>
    [/html]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.