Help! Designer messed up my site and won't respond: Education Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help! Designer messed up my site and won't respond: Education Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

abbypanda
    Participant

Ok first I had someone design this with customizations. I ran into a problem b/c on the front page it displays blog posts. I didnt want to display them all, only 1 particular category. I searched this forum here and did what was said after the site was turned over to me and I began to notice that any customizations I put in css didnt show up. So I went back to the original designer for help. I asked him to make it so the front page blog displayed only 1 particular category. HE did that but then I noticed that the blogs and that category has overtaken every single page on the site. Whatever he put has overridden the page template for a particular page so my content isn’t showing

please visit revolutionmixedmartialarts.com and see for yourself: notice the blogs on the front page then click any page and you’ll see the page content isn’t there, just a blog feed

I’ve given him over a week with no response and I need to fix this asap. Any help is appreciated.

http://www.revolutionmixedmartialarts.com

Summer
    Participant

It sounds like he might have changed the default page template, or made all the pages use a custom template. Can you look at those pages and see what template they are all using, and look at the list of templates available in the theme, maybe to reset your site back to something close to what it used to be?

I could take a look at it for you, later this evening if you can wait a couple of hours. I have a boxing class to get to :)

Feel free to send me more details using my contact form: http://www.atouchofsummer.com/contact/

abbypanda
    Participant

Thanks, I checked the page templates and they are all set to “default”.
    I don’t think that’s it. I thin whatever CSS he put in there to override the category only on the front page over rid the display on every single page.

Can anyone help.

Summer
    Participant

What your dev changed would not have been CSS, it would have been PHP code in either one or more of the templates, or in functions.php.

Without being able to look at the code that’s currently on your site, it’s impossible for anyone to help fix this for you. My offer to look at it still stands, but you have to email me any access details using the contact form on my website. The same thing would be needed by any other designers and developers who assist folks here.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.