Help finding the homepage??

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Help finding the homepage??

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wspace
    Participant

I am working with Agency Child Theme 1.0.1 by StudioPress
    I am not a programmer and have to make changes to the homepage of this website (built on the above)
    Can someone tell me where I can find the homepage so that I can edit it? I can find every other page but not the homepage.

http://homecorpservices.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    This is a common question as people get used to WordPress themes that have no homepage per se. The home of a site is, instead, a collection of various things, like a bunch of excerpts and links to Posts, sidebars with ads or other material, sign-up forms, and so on. Generally, the way you feed the modern theme’s homepage is through widgets. One can also change WordPress settings to use a static homepage, but this is getting less and less common as time goes on.

I don’t have Agency, but I can point you in a direction. Go to Appearance…. Widgets. Take a look in the right column, and see if you find any items relating to “Home” or something similar. If you find those, take a look at them, and chances are you’ll find settings and material that relates to what’s on your homepage.

I’d say you could contact official help for more support, but it sounds like you didn’t buy the theme, so that may not be an option.

Good luck, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.