Help Integrating a Booking.com Code

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help Integrating a Booking.com Code

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rahn and Dianna 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

I’m insert a hotel affiliate search box. Instructions are:

—–
    “You can insert the searchbox on your website by copying the search box’s “sourcecode” directly onto your own server. To do this, display the search box’s “source code” on your browser, right click on the search box and choose “View page source”. The sourcecode will now be displayed. You can copy the code between the “<!– start copy sourcecode from here –>” tag and “<!– end copy sourcecode until here –>” tag. Remember to load the search box URL in a new window before viewing the page source. And don’t forget to copy the CSS and JavaScript files from the <head> section of the sourcecode and include them in the <head> section of your webpage!
    —–

If anyone’s done this or knows how to, a few questions:

1) Would the source code be inserted into functions.php ?
    2) My theme doesn’t have a header.php . Can I just create one or insert this somewhere else in Genesis?
    3) Is there a way to control this so scripts only run on pages with search boxes?

Thanks!

Summer
    Participant

I would guess that you’d enter the javascript and CSS bits into the “Header scripts” field in Genesis > Theme Settings, just like you’d add the Google Analytics code.

Rahn and Dianna
    Participant

Where are you trying to put it?

If you want it in a widget so you can put it in a sidebar, then create a “text” widget, Paste the code in there.

If you want it to always be in the header or footer, then stick it in the header/footer scripts as Summer suggested.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Help Integrating a Booking.com Code’ is closed to new replies.