Help Me. I'm lost. I do not understand the grid loop.

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help Me. I'm lost. I do not understand the grid loop.

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  wyatt121 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wyatt121
    Participant

Hi,

I have genesis framework installed.  I’m using a child theme.  I’m attempting to use the gird loop, but I just don’t get it.  I have read many online tutorials, but I just don’t understand how to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

All I want to do is print out the loop but customize each element as it is echoed out to the screen, and only display the elements I wish to choose.  I need the title, description, date, category, tags, and 2 custom fields.

I understand the wordpress loop.  It is very straight forward.

http://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop

Yet, how do I get what I want with the grid loop code below?  I don’t even see known variables like ” title, description, date, category, tag” being echoed in the code below..   I think this grid loop just complicates things, how does this grid loop make me life easier?

Any help is much appreciated.  I’m lost.

Regards,

Wyatt

function child_grid_loop_helper() {
    if ( function_exists( ‘genesis_grid_loop’ ) ) {
    genesis_grid_loop(
    array(
    ‘features’ => 2,
    ‘feature_image_size’ => 0,
    ‘feature_image_class’ => ‘alignleft post-image’,
    ‘feature_content_limit’ => 0,
    ‘grid_image_size’ => ‘grid-thumbnail’,
    ‘grid_image_class’ => ‘alignleft post-image’,
    ‘grid_content_limit’ => 0,
    ‘more’ => __( ‘[Continue reading...]‘, ‘genesis’ ),
    ‘posts_per_page’ => 6,
    ‘cat’ => ’13,14′ //enter your category IDs here separated by commas in ‘ ‘
    ) );
    } else {
    genesis_standard_loop();
    }
    }

anitac
    Participant

There are several write ups on Google. In Google Search – search for Genesis Grid Loop and you will see them.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

wyatt121
    Participant

Hi,

I know how to use google.  Do not know how to use this loop to display custom fields.

Wyatt

anitac
    Participant

Well, if you read what I sent you from the search results you may find your answer. Good luck to you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

wyatt121
    Participant

There are plenty of grid loop tutorials, but none on using custom variables.

Wyatt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.