Help on responsive design – header navigation

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Help on responsive design – header navigation

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jtdatawork 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jtdatawork
    Participant

I am still trying to get the hang of how the responsive design works. Right now I have the site set to only expand up to 960 px. When the browser is opened further, the header navigation (which displays next to the site title) hops down a row leaving a blank white space. While I expect it to do this when I SHRINK the browser window, I’m not sure why it is doing it when I EXPAND it. Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks!

JT Dataworks Web design and SEO

http://margaretgodfreyart.com/

nutsandbolts

Your header right widget area is set to 650px. Since the title area is 362px, the two together are wider than the 960px grid you’re using. If you change the width of the header right widget area to 550px or less, the navigation should stay in the right place regardless of how wide the browser window is. Hope that helps!

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

jtdatawork
    Participant

Thank you so much for pinpointing that for me!!! I really appreciate the help!

Judy

JT Dataworks Web design and SEO

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.