Hiding Slider posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Hiding Slider posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chikamiku 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

chikamiku
    Participant

How can I hide slider posts from the blog page. These posts do not have any thing else the slider image. I am using agency theme.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  chikamiku.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  chikamiku.

Chris Cree
    Participant

The easiest thing to do is to assign them to a category all their own. Then you can use the query_args to hide that category from the blog page. Here’s a good tutorial that explains how it’s done: http://www.wpframeworktutorials.com/genesis-framework-using-query-args/

chikamiku
    Participant

Chris,

Thank you for pointing out to a great tutorial.  Unfortunately, I could not find the custom field area after creating a page due to which my slider posts are still showing up in the main web site. too bad for me. May I know how can I find the custom fields area for creating Query loop?

Thanks

chikamiku
    Participant

It seems no one has the time to reply.  But let me rephrase the current situation. Maybe I will get a good reply.

Using Agency theme. I used five posts to fill up the slider area. These posts were created with the sole aim of showing pics in the slider and nothing else. Now I wanted to hide these posts. Someone suggested that I should use the following command in the custom field area query_args and the category id which is 9 in my case as I had created a category called slider for these five posts.  Despite this exercise, I can not hide these posts? Any suggestions on how to get rid of these posts?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.