home.php Versus front-page.php

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks home.php Versus front-page.php

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nile Flores 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Nile Flores
    Participant

This has been bugging me for ages and even I’ve talked with Otto (Samuel Woods) in the past at some WordCamps… I’ve just got to ask:

Why is Genesis using home.php instead of front-page.php (is_front_page). The correct WordPress template hierarchy for the front page is front-page.php. I have A LOT of clients on Genesis and some of them were acquired because of the home.php issue interfering with them being able to properly customize their blog versus their front page.

Now, I understand for some that it might be a habit… but is some type of logic to to why this method is being used? Even if you code the front-page.php to fall back on the general loop if the widgets are not filled, it will work brilliantly.

I help people rock out their sites! – Blondish.net

Susan

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I suspect that the people that could give you a definitive answer aren’t hanging around the forum – you might want to put in a ticket to see if any of the powers that be can answer…

http://my.studiopress.com/help/

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

anitac
    Participant

I sent out a tweet on this yesterday and Brian’s response was, “This is something that will probably change for our themes after Genesis 2.0 is out.” So watch for changes in 2.0.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Nile Flores
    Participant

Thanks… this is something that has nagged at me and while I had it up on my screen during a WordCamp and I always changed mine. I see this in some of the 2.0 pro versions and Kudos to Brian to getting this into gear.

I help people rock out their sites! – Blondish.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘home.php Versus front-page.php’ is closed to new replies.